Thursday, February 16, 2012

playlist for the 15th of February, 2012, Soul II Soul vibes

In preparation of their gig next Wednesday we feature some of the music and influences of Soul II Soul


Chaka Khan - Move Me No Mountain
The Naturals - Funky Rasta
Soul II Soul - Back To Life
Soul II Soul - Jazzies Groove
Jimmy Spicer - The Bubble Bunch (instrumental)
Roy Ayres - Life Is Just A Moment (part 2)
Harvey Mason - Till You Take My Love
Webster Lewis - El Bobo
The Blackbyrds - Rock Creek Park
Fun Boy 3 - Faith, Hope & Charity
Doc Severinson - I Wanna Be With You
Johnny Guitar Watson - I Need It
LTD - Its The Time To Be Real
Soul II Soul - Fairplay
Soul II Soul - Get A Life
Valentine Brotheres - Moneys Too Tight
Gwen Guthrie - Peanut Butter
Grace Jones - Feel up
Young Disciples - Apparently Nothing
Chaka Khan - Live In Me
Otis Clay - The Only Way Is Up
Side Effect - Always There
Donald Byrd - Love Has Come Around
Lonnie Liston Smith - Expansions 

I'm going to the gig next Wednesday so I won't be doing the show but I'll be back the following week

6 comments:

audiogarammasala said...

Looking forward to the next installment
In the meantime check these tunes I posted recently

http://www.audiogarammasala.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/extremely-rare-aussie-track-from.html

D

Sam said...

Thanks for putting me on to these David. There great!

Sam said...

I have just put your blog in the links section :)

audiogarammasala said...

Thanks Sam
Cheers
I will dissect and digest your next playlist!
Dave

audiogarammasala said...

You still around??
WTF?

Sam said...

lol :)
Hiya mate, Still around just been strapped for time but I'm going to get my ass into gear very soon

Every Wednesday night 9 – 11pm, AFROJAZZFUNKSOULDISCOBEATS&NEWGROOVES Check here for playlists & more