Monday, January 21, 2008

Andrew Weatherall in Adelaide 18th January 2008

(a much younger Andy Weatherall :)

Well I headed out to see the Lord Sabre on Friday night and arrived to a very small crowd in attendance but this slowly filled out to something a little more deserving.
When Andy came on it was clear why he is such a respected DJ. Seemless mixing for starters, You really didnt know where one track was ending and the other starting (this is good yes:), where as with the guy before it was clear when he was mixing. As a dancer you (well at least me) dont want to bought back down to earth with a jarring mix.
I cant say I knew any of the music played but it was spot on. If I was to try and describe it I would say it was minimal house with soul but that does it no justice, and the few vocal tracks he played were just right. It was perfect music to lock you into a trance/groove and lose yourself to.

I had to leave before he finished (not as young as I used to be) and was told he got a little harder later on but this does not change my opinion of this humble DJ.


Andrew Weatherall has always been an inspiration to many and after catching him live its easy to see why.

No comments:

Every Wednesday night 9 – 11pm, AFROJAZZFUNKSOULDISCOBEATS&NEWGROOVES Check here for playlists & more